Erling Braus Haaland has admitted he did not want to substitute as he score five goals in 63 minutes as Manchester City thrashed RB Leipzig 7-0 in the Champions League round of 16 final teams
Manchester City progressed 8-1 on aggregate and Haaland spent 63 minutes on the pitch before being substituted off. In which he admitted that he wanted to shoot more.
“I told Pep Guardiola that I wanted to score a double hat-trick in this game. But what can I do? Because he wants to change me out. I love this tournament I love the Champions League,” Haaland said after the game.
However, scoring 5 goals in a single game of him set many records, whether
- Haaland has scored 36 games and scored 39 goals in all competitions. Became the club’s top goalscorer in a single season, replacing Tommy Johnson who netted 38 goals in the 1928-29 season.
- This was the 30th goal in 25 Champions League games. Norwegian striker league This led him to become the youngest player to score 30 goals (22 years 236 days) in the Champions League.
- This was his fifth hat-trick of the season. (Including all items) is the second person in the Premier League to ever do this after Harry Kane in the 2016-2017 season.
- It was his five goals in a single Champions League game that saw him become the first player in the Premier League. A league that can do this and third after Luis Adriano (2014) and Lionel Messi (2012).
- The 7-0 win was Manchester City’s biggest win in the UEFA Champions League.